Wow I'm writing my 1st blog, that's quite exciting. Firstly let me introduce myself, my name is Erica and I have been a dog owner all my life. I own 2 dogs whom I absolutely love, Shug and Rizzie (both are bitches). Shug is an elderly lady now whose age I'm unsure of as she came from rescue kennels. I've had the pleasure of her companionship for 11 fantastic years. Shug is a brindle Staffordshire Bull X. Rizzie is my long haired Jack Russell, she is 5 years old. My mum and I bought Rizzie and her sister Millie from a breeder in Wales, the parents were worked but we keep ours as pets. Rizzie thinks she rules the roost and is sooo cheeky as is Millie!!
Have I got a favourite breed? No I haven't!!! I have been training in a professional dog groomers for a year and half now (more about that in future blogs) and have met so many different breeds that I have been left confused to my own preference as I would have them all! When I was younger I grew up with toy dogs such as Maltese and Yorkshire Terriers. I have found since that I'm quite taken with working dogs like Springers and have a big soft spot for Malamutes too.
The subject of dogs is so large and diverse that I hope to cover lots of interesting topics like breeding, training and health as well as dog related products. I feel that I've got a lifetime of learning to do and I want to share that with like-minded people and hear their experiences and opinions, so this is the place to do it.
Best Wishes
Erica
No comments:
Post a Comment